Monday, September 13, 2010

Vegetarians live 10 years longer than meat-eaters

It's been more than 6 years since I finished my last piece of meat. A lot of people think that must be really hard for me. But I can assure you, it's not. Everytime I have dinner I make a choice. I decided not to eat meat for the rest of my life. I already regret I ate it for the first 12 years.

Now I will enumerate a few reasons to go vegetarian. And I'm pretty sure deep inside, most of you will agree.

  • Animal cruelty: On today's factory farms, animals are crammed by the thousands into filthy windowless sheds,or other horrible systems. These animals will never raise their families, build nests, or do anything that is natural to them. They won't even feel the sun on their backs or breathe fresh air until the day they make their one-way-journey to the slaughterhouse. 
  • All animals are equal:
    Often people decide not to eat animals like cats, dogs and horses. They want to make a statement which makes theirselves proud. But deep inside we all know farmed animals are no less intelligent or capable of feeling pain than are the animals we cherish as our companions. For example:  chickens begin learning from their mothers while they are still in their shells, and pigs can play video games better than some primates can. So we can conclusion that all kind of animals are intresting animals who value their lives.
  • Your health:
    Vegetarian foods provide us with all the nutrients that we need, minus the fat, cholesterol, and contaminants that are found in meat. Plant-based diets protect us against heart disease, diabetes, obesity, strokes, and several types of cancer. Vegetarians also have stronger immune systems and, on average, live 10 years longer than meat-eaters do. So, what's holding you back?

    You would do me a favor by watching this video and meet your meat:


1 comment:

Mike Maybury said...

Congratulations, from a 76 year old.
I came across vegetarian ideas when I was 16. I investigated and researched for one year, and became a vegetarian at age 17. Now, after about 60 years(I'll be 77 in 5 days!) I can assure you that your ife is likely to be long and healthy, as long as you make sure that you eat whole natural foods as far as possible.
Living sensibly, with moderate exercise, helps. I've ony had 'flu once in 60 years- not bad, and no colds for 6 years! I have no aches and pains or stiff joints. How many others of this age are as happy as me,
I've not met any yet!
Best wishes,
Mike